Great Hammers are one of the weapons in Dark Souls 3. They are used in both melee and ranged combat. Hammers have a higher attack power than most other weapons but are very heavy so they will slow down your movement.
Hammers also can be upgraded with Titanite shards to increase their damage output even more.
If you want to use hammers as your only weapon, it is recommended that you upgrade them at least once or twice for durability purposes, especially if you plan on using them against bosses who do not flinch when hit by regular attacks (e.g., Smelter Demon).
However, don’t go overboard on upgrading – upgrading too many times will make the hammer heavier and slower to swing around which will drain stamina faster and cause you to tire out faster.
10 Great Hammers in Ds3
There are a lot of great hammers in Dark Souls 3. Here are 10 of the best:
- Mace of the Insolent: This hammer is one of the best in the game. It has high damage and is very light for its class.
- Dragon Tooth: This hammer has high damage and is very durable. It’s also one of the heaviest hammers in the game, so it can take down enemies quickly.
- Old King’s Hammer: This hammer does high damage and inflicts Bleed on enemies. It’s also incredibly durable, making it a great choice for hard-hitting melee combat.
- Grant: This hammer has very high damage and can knockout or kill some enemies. It also has very good durability and is lightning-infused, making it a strong choice for any build.
- Butcher’s Knife: This axe/hammer hybrid does very high damage and inflicts Bleed on enemies, but it’s also one of the heaviest weapons in the game.
- Dragonslayer Greataxe: This massive greataxe does incredible damage and can easily take down most enemies in a single hit.
- Storm King’s Hammer: This hammer has high damage and is imbued with magic, making it a great choice against tough opponents.
- Sledge of Smiting: This hammer has high damage and is incredibly durable, making it a great choice for a tank build.
- Thunder Maul: This hammer does high damage and is imbued with magic, making it a great choice against tough opponents.
- Warpick of the Earthen Peak: This hammer has high damage and is incredibly durable, making it a great choice for a tank build.
Tips for using a Hammer effectively in Ds3
Here are a few tips for using a hammer effectively in Dark Souls 3:
- Use the hammer’s strong attacks to deal the most damage.
- When attacking enemies from a distance, use the hammer’s ranged attacks.
- Use the hammer’s Stun power to temporarily incapacitate your enemies.
- Use the hammer’s Bleed power to inflict damage over time on your enemies.
- Use the hammer’s weight to your advantage by smashing it down on enemies for massive damage.
- Be careful when fighting enemies that are immune to Stun or Bleed.
- Keep your hammer well-maintained so that it doesn’t break in the middle of a fight.
- Remember that hammers are very slow, so be careful when fighting fast enemies.
- If you are facing an enemy with a lot of health, use the weapon’s heavy weight to your advantage by attacking slowly and using guard breaks.
- Use the weapon’s moveset to your advantage by adapting your tactics depending on whether it is an axe or hammer type of weapon.
S3 best great hammer
The best great hammer in Dark Souls 3 is the Mace of the Insolent. It has high damage and is very light for its class.
It’s also one of the easiest hammers to obtain, making it a great choice for any player.
I hope these 10 great hammers in Dark Souls 3 have given you some ideas for which weapon might suit your needs.
Be sure to follow our tips for using a hammer effectively, and always remember that they are slow weapons so be careful where you swing them!