In Fallout 4, ammo is a valuable commodity. It’s important to make sure you use it sparingly and only when you need to. In this article, we’re going to take a look at the different types of ammo available in the game, as well as provide some tips on how to best use them.
What is ammo?
Ammo is a resource obtained from some weapons that can be used to fire that weapon. Ammo can be found in some containers or dropped by enemies when killed, and will come with different amounts of ammo inserted at the time.
Common questions about ammo
Q: What’s the max amount you can have?
A: As of the latest patch, the max amount you can have is 999.
Q: What happens when I reach the max?
A: Your ammo will not increase any further, but you will still be able to use it.
Fallout 4 Finding Ammo
Ammo can be found in many different ways. The most common way to find ammo is by searching containers or dead enemies. You can also purchase ammo from vendors, or receive it as a reward for completing quests.
Types of ammo
There are many different types of ammo in the game, each with its own unique benefits and drawbacks. Some common types of ammo include:
– energy cells
– mini nukes
Knowing which type of ammo is best for your situation can be the difference between life and death. Make sure to always have plenty of the right type of ammo on hand, so you’re prepared for anything. 5. Using ammo
Once you’ve obtained some ammo, it needs to be inserted into a weapon before it can be used. You can do this at any weapon workbench (located in most settlements). Once you’ve put ammo into a weapon, that specific type of ammo will be added to your inventory each time you fire the weapon.
Things to know before you start looking for ammunition
– The max amount of ammo you can carry is 999
– Ammo can be found in many different ways, including searching containers, dead enemies, and vendors
– There are many different types of ammo in the game, each with its own unique benefits and drawbacks
– Ammo must be inserted into a weapon before it can be used
– Always be sure to have plenty of the right type of ammo on hand, so you’re prepared for anything.
The best places to look for ammunition in fallout 4 (in order)
1. BoS main base (The Castle)
– Brotherhood of steel members carry energy cells and fusion cores
– Energy cells are the best ammo in the game, so you can’t go wrong here
2. Quincy ruins (random encounter location on map near Boston Airport) or any other random encounter location with enemies from all factions
– Enemies from all factions that are capable of dropping ammo will carry fusion cores, mini nukes, or energy cells
3. Fort Hagen (the place where Kellog is in the side quest “Reunions”)
– There are a lot of enemies inside this military installation
– Enemies inside Fort Hagen carry a lot of ammo, including ballistic ammo and missiles
– This is a good place to farm for fusion cores when you need them
4. Bunker Hill (the settlement for Minutemen)
– Enemies from Minutemen carrry ballistic ammo, which is very common in the Commonwealth
– The artillery piece here also shoots at enemies in the distance, which can help you get ammo that you wouldn’t be able to reach on your own
5. Anywhere there’s a big battle between two or more factions
– When two or more factions are fighting each other, there will be a lot of enemies with different types of ammo. This is a great place to stock up
It is important to always have plenty of the right type of ammo on hand, so you’re prepared for anything.
The best places to find the most common types of ammo are listed in order, so be sure to check them out.